a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My try this Wednesday Aubagne.

kkillert0fu

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
This is a trend.. going unprepared. Bombing simple 4+4=? Test. Not pulling your own weight. The Legion realizes it made a mistake... It took too many gold diggers, in the “surge”.
It happens to every army. During the surge back in 2008, the US Army was writing waivers for people like they were giving out candy prescriptions. Serious felonies, prior drug usage, giving guys a military option over jail sentences, all kinds of bad apples were let in. Also a lot of medical conditions or previous injuries that would disqualify someone today were waived right in. They just needed warm bodies. And then, years later, once the wars drew down, they realized that they let in a bunch of people who were ultimately bringing down the quality of the entire force. And they've worked to reverse that, which is one reason it's so difficult to get in now if you have any kind of legal or medical issue, no matter how minor it may be.

Good to know that the Legion realizes this and have upped their standards. And that actually going prepared now will work FOR you. Being that it always seems like a question around here of how they balance someone who is qualified and prepared, versus someone who is less qualified and less prepared but needs it more. Seems like they're really trying to improve their ranks now.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
It happens to every army. During the surge back in 2008, the US Army was writing waivers for people like they were giving out candy prescriptions. Serious felonies, prior drug usage, giving guys a military option over jail sentences, all kinds of bad apples were let in. Also a lot of medical conditions or previous injuries that would disqualify someone today were waived right in. They just needed warm bodies. And then, years later, once the wars drew down, they realized that they let in a bunch of people who were ultimately bringing down the quality of the entire force. And they've worked to reverse that, which is one reason it's so difficult to get in now if you have any kind of legal or medical issue, no matter how minor it may be.

Good to know that the Legion realizes this and have upped their standards. And that actually going prepared now will work FOR you. Being that it always seems like a question around here of how they balance someone who is qualified and prepared, versus someone who is less qualified and less prepared but needs it more. Seems like they're really trying to improve their ranks now.

Supply and demand. ..and with in the budget

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
:D:rolleyes: OMG... Really funny comment, from somebody who has been “sitting on his hands” for months, telling everybody he's going to join, and hasn't yet moved his ass to France. Man... You're making (once more) a fool of yourself...
And you Rapace have much more direct connections with FFL than me ?

I don't care! If someone will consider me a fool because of that... It's a free country! Many guys don't even read what I'm writing here. Only what they can see is "he is not legionnaire" and "he had not even tried to join". That's freedom of choice.

They can listen advice from whom they chose to, but I would first read what that person have to say, read many other opinions and then make my own conclusion. Many persons here think that it is enough for someone to have green name and then every word of his would be absolutely true, sacred and priceless. Well, good luck with that. Of course every man who served 5 (or more) years deserve our respect (and I do respect them, at least until some of them with their behavior turn me otherwise.) But that doesn't mean that they are never wrong and that everything they say is sacred.

Only I know what is my head and that I'm not fooling anyone when I say that I will join and that currently in that stop me things about which I can’t talk about (I know how that sound, but that is absolute true). "Honor and fidelity" aren't just phrases to me. I know I'm right about many things and I'm willing to help with my knowledge. Of course sometimes I'm wrong, that's why dialog exist.

But it's OK. Don't listen to me. What do I know? Listen to this guy who after 4 attempts didn't realize that with 39 y of age and BMI of around 30 and 5 pull-ups wouldn't be enough to get in. Yep listen to him he deserve all respect and admire. I'm just pussy seating home and shiting here and don't know anything. 😠

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
The big difference between us is that I never publicly said I was willing to join. And by the way, I couldn’t, even if I wanted. Like our ugly friend I’m old, overweight and couldn’t do 7 pull-ups. I was close to the age limit when I joined this board back in... 1999 (OMG) and now way above it.
P.S: only my friends call me by my real first name, and not publicly on the board. So I edited your post and for you and everybody, here I’m Rapace... As we say in French “on n’a pas gardé les cochons ensemble” (you may google this to find what it means).

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
The big difference between us is that I never publicly said I was willing to join. And by the way, I couldn’t, even if I wanted. Like our ugly friend I’m old, overweight and couldn’t do 7 pull-ups. I was close to the age limit when I joined this board back in... 1999 (OMG) and now way above it.
P.S: only my friends call me by my real first name, and not publicly on the board. So I edited your post and for you and everybody, here I’m Rapace... As we say in French “on n’a pas gardé les cochons ensemble” (you may google this to find what it means).

Oouh, don't tell that to me mon ami !!! :( As much I like to joke about things I'm serious about this one. I really consider you for some kind of friend. Of course I couldn't be close as someone with whom you spend years together in "real" life but still.... I don't know... I guess friendship is similar to love... Doesn't always have to go both directions! Just want to say that I consider you and couple other regulars here as friends (or at least buddies). I will respect your wish and won't use your name publicly on forum (or I won't use it at all if that's what you want).

What hurt me the most is your “on n’a pas gardé les cochons ensemble” . In English don't mean much (don't know if Anglais have that phrase ), but Yugos have it. Only we say sheep instead of pigs. Meaning is absolutely same and really hurt my feelings. I didn't say anything offensive or provocative to you. I only answered to your comment that I'm making fool of myself about something that I'm pretty sure I'm right and what's really matters to me!

But whatever. Probably you are the one of those who think that me going there, try and fail would have much more credibility than I have now. OK

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Dusaboss,

Stop being naughty and digging a bigger hole. I despite my reservations enjoy your posts. I regard you to be our resident arm chair advocate for the FFL. Your sage advice is sometimes correct and often simply well intentioned and arrant nonsense. Your arm chair credibility remains safe as was my monetary offer for you to join.

Good luck.

Chas trained by former WW2 Cdos. And yes, I am that old !:)

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
(...) What hurt me the most is your “on n’a pas gardé les cochons ensemble” . In English don't mean much (don't know if Anglais have that phrase ), but Yugos have it. Only we say sheep instead of pigs. Meaning is absolutely same and really hurt my feelings. I didn't say anything offensive or provocative to you. I only answered to your comment that I'm making fool of myself about something that I'm pretty sure I'm right and what's really matters to me! (...)
I didn't want to be excessively ‘brutal’, by saying that. In French the expression just means “we are not good old friends, so don't be too familiar”, nothing more, nothing less. But maybe, after 20 years on the Cervens board... :D

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Dusaboss,

Stop being naughty and digging a bigger hole. I despite my reservations enjoy your posts. I regard you to be our resident arm chair advocate for the FFL. Your sage advice is sometimes correct and often simply well intentioned and arrant nonsense. Your arm chair credibility remains safe as was my monetary offer for you to join.

Good luck.

Chas trained by former WW2 Cdos. And yes, I am that old !:)
Chas you are becoming less grumpy - more cheerful in last time.

I didn't want to be excessively ‘brutal’, by saying that. In French the expression just means “we are not good old friends, so don't be too familiar”, nothing more, nothing less. But maybe, after 20 years on the Cervens board... :D
It means absolutely the same in my language. It's no big deal. Just my emotions running wild after couple of bears. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Geneticcz

Reaction score
Home Country
Antarctica
dusaboss full of it about going but love reading his posts haha always says the truth and then followed by a lot of "i dont care what u all think!" (making it obvious he cares a lot about this forum and the people) all in all a good guy. besides who needs the legion if ur fighting bears at home XD

Last edited by a moderator:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
dusaboss full of it about going but love reading his posts haha always says the truth and then followed by a lot of "i dont care what u all think!" (making it obvious he cares a lot about this forum and the people) all in all a good guy. besides who needs the legion if ur fighting bears at home XD

Have to correct you, I'm not full of it! I don't say that I don't care about everyone here. I just don't give a F about certain haters around. I don't expect from anyone to believe me about my eventual joining date after my false promises, but at least (who still think I'm man of honor) can "put me on the back burner " and wait to see how this saga with "Dusanboss going to Legion" will end. And that will happen, probably soon (I hope during lifetime of my friend Chas :) )
It would end one way or another and I will explain everything to you guys when time comes.

Just please don't view me as some kind of fake, fraud or something.

And yes I f-u couple of bears every night. Beer, bear they all look alike to me. ;)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
You crazy Serbs. You fought of some bears? :eek: Respect but I'd rather drink a few beers. :p
Beer is "Pivo" or "Piva" in Bosnia!

Hahha, man ! Actually we do like to fight bears, especially Yugos go from Bosnia. :) And usually we win! Bear is lucky if he get away alive .

What you think we are some anglo- pussies? ;) They run like hell when they see little bear cub! Or small street dog! :)

Listen this:

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa

I don't care! If someone will consider me a fool because of that... It's a free country! Many guys don't even read what I'm writing here. Only what they can see is "he is not legionnaire" and "he had not even tried to join". That's freedom of choice.

They can listen advice from whom they chose to, but I would first read what that person have to say, read many other opinions and then make my own conclusion. Many persons here think that it is enough for someone to have green name and then every word of his would be absolutely true, sacred and priceless. Well, good luck with that. Of course every man who served 5 (or more) years deserve our respect (and I do respect them, at least until some of them with their behavior turn me otherwise.) But that doesn't mean that they are never wrong and that everything they say is sacred.

Only I know what is my head and that I'm not fooling anyone when I say that I will join and that currently in that stop me things about which I can’t talk about (I know how that sound, but that is absolute true). "Honor and fidelity" aren't just phrases to me. I know I'm right about many things and I'm willing to help with my knowledge. Of course sometimes I'm wrong, that's why dialog exist.

But it's OK. Don't listen to me. What the fuck do I know? Listen to this guy who after 4 attempts didn't realize that with 39 y of age and BMI of around 30 and 5 pull-ups wouldn't be enough to get in. Yep listen to him he deserve all respect and admire. I'm just pussy seating home and shiting here and don't know anything. FUCK! 😠

Lay off the beers Dusa.....( or bears);):cool:

Geneticcz

Reaction score
Home Country
Antarctica
Have to correct you, I'm not full of it! I don't say that I don't care about everyone here. I just don't give a F about certain haters around. I don't expect from anyone to believe me about my eventual joining date after my false promises, but at least (who still think I'm man of honor) can "put me on the back burner " and wait to see how this saga with "Dusanboss going to Legion" will end. And that will happen, probably soon (I hope during lifetime of my friend Chas :) )
It would end one way or another and I will explain everything to you guys when time comes.

Just please don't view me as some kind of fake, fraud or something.

And yes I f-u couple of bears every night. Beer, bear they all look alike to me. ;)

haha it is just that when i started reading this forum last year, everybody was hating on u in all threads so that was the first thing i saw on this forum and i will always have that image in my mind. sorry bro :ROFLMAO: but hey lets go. ill quit my job and go to france if you go too. just give me 3-4 months to prepare. im a civilian with a deskjob and no condition lol