a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 days

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Be poor... checked

be broke as hell,... checked

have crap life and no family.... checked and checked

1,300 euro a month, more they've ever seen... triple checked

Guess I fit in. :)

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
I made it in and I'm in 2e Rep. I won't tell my exact info, sorry. If anyone wants some info he can send me a PM.
Well... Given the recent issues we've had with posers on the board, I'd like to see some evidence to support this claim. Contact me in PM to know the procedure.

(...) Easy guys. It is sooo easy.
Sooo easy that it took you threee attempts to finally make it in... Or was it fooour? :D :rolleyes:

(...) Guess I fit in. :)
Ok and now what?

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
Be poor... checked

be broke as hell,... checked

have crap life and no family.... checked and checked

1,300 euro a month, more they've ever seen... triple checked

Guess I fit in. :)

I can't really say check to any of that haha.

Cernunnos

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
England

I want to join in.

Be poor, check.
Be broke as hell, check (isn't being broke the same as being poor)?
Have crap life and no family, nothing really happens to me or my life and my family is recently split up so I suppose I can say check.
1,300 Euro a month, more they've ever seen, the most I've had is £550 (1,300 Euro is £1160 for reference)

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
I want to join in.

Be poor, check.
Be broke as hell, check (isn't being broke the same as being poor)?
Have crap life and no family, nothing really happens to me or my life and my family is recently split up so I suppose I can say check.
1,300 Euro a month, more they've ever seen, the most I've had is £550 (1,300 Euro is £1160 for reference)
As a petty conscript in the army I was paid around 1,700 euros a month (with around half of the money being tax free). That's not even that good of a salary compared to the rest of Denmark.

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
I should have been born Danish...
Yeah the minimum wage in Denmark is pretty good. I also earned pretty decent amount of money for cleaning vacation houses/holiday homes (whatever they're called). If I get back in the Danish military, then I would get around 2,400 euros a month which isn't bad I think.

Fasole

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
(...) If I get back in the Danish military, then I would get around 2,400 euros a month which isn't bad I think.
Dude, in Romanian armed forces you get paid something like 2.000 lei - 500 euros/month. But with the prices in the Denmark that are high as salary , is ok. But compared to Romanian soldiers salary, you're one of Forbes' most rich :) :).

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
Haha yeah true. Prices are higher in Denmark and in the military you also pay for food in the cafeteria. But still, the actual amount of money you get paid in the Danish military is pretty high compared to other countries :D

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

Too bad. You don't know what you missing. I really could't say that my family is crapy , but we definitely don't go along and we have some issues.

as for money ... I never had more than 300€ with me. I did spend more than that amount, but never had that money with me.

Hansenmann, Denmark is among first 3 nations when come about pays and welfare so I'm pretty sure that you understand poor men's issues very well. :)

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
Too bad. You don't know what you missing. I really could't say that my family is crapy , but we definitely don't go along and we have some issues.

as for money ... I never had more than 300€ with me. I did spend more than that amount, but never had that money with me.

Hansenmann, Denmark is among first 3 nations when come about pays and welfare so I'm pretty sure that you understand poor men's issues very well. :)

Yeah, I've never really been poor.
I guess I'm just lucky that I was born in Denmark.

TomatoPotato

Reaction score
Home Country
Poland
I'm waiting for new faces. A lot of guys are deserting. No idea why - maybe because you have to carry 12.7 carcass on marches with all the other gear or they cannot stand out being imprisoned there or work under pretty much half of people which come here just for money. If you want be military and can stand off military life thdn come in, if you wsnt money thdn really it's not so hard to find a job with 1300 or 1900 euros out there.

Cernunnos

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
England
I'm waiting for new faces. A lot of guys are desserting. No idea why - maybe because you have to carry 12.7 carcass on marches with all the other gear or they cannot stand out being imprisoned there or work under pretty much half of people which come here just for money. If you want be military and can stand off military life thdn come in, if you wsnt money thdn really it's not so hard to find a job with 1300 or 1900 euros out there.

I just want to be a soldier and, to be honest, I don't very much care who for.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I'm waiting for new faces. A lot of guys are desserting. No idea why - maybe because you have to carry 12.7 carcass on marches with all the other gear or they cannot stand out being imprisoned there or work under pretty much half of people which come here just for money. If you want be military and can stand off military life thdn come in, if you wsnt money thdn really it's not so hard to find a job with 1300 or 1900 euros out there.

Potato, nice to have your back. And I respect you giving as info, but why your name isn't green?

Fasole

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania

I think that we talked just about the money fact , and that not being the only reason.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Yeah, I've never really been poor.
I guess I'm just lucky that I was born in Denmark.

Ye ... it's probably much better than that you are born in Somalia. But don't think for a second that I'm teasing you up because you are born in rich country. Guys who do that are dickheads and can suck on one.

Crotalus Atrox

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Yeah, aren't the Danes supposed to be the happiest people on earth? That's what the census polls indicate.

So, if you have to pay for the food you eat the Danish military, does it at least taste good/healthy? In the US mil the food is free (well, its paid for if you are active duty) but they make it taste like shit (cheapest ingredients they can find, bland/no flavor) so you don't want to eat very much of it, hahaha... They put out the best food in boot camp so that when all the parents come to see their children graduate, they see that everyone is eating right and well taken care of. Hahaha... It gets progressively worse from there on out. Unless someone with stars on their shoulders shows up, then we all play pretend, smiles and all.

Americans need to copy the Euro style of consumption. Smaller portions of very healthy food. Slow down and enjoy what you are eating.

I thank God every time I see an MRE. I actually like the new MREs, they are a lot better than they were in the 80/90's (yeah, scouts, etc). No more cigarettes though, BYOC... The Frenchie version looks very good too. Pâte can make your boot taste good though, hahaha... Ahh, picnics with my Ex in the park with pâte, good bread, cheese, wine, chocolate... Yeah we ate good. I was always cooking for her though...