a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exams

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Dear friends of the forum, i just want to let you know that I finished my January exams today. I got a pass for all of them (and for some of them an excellent pass, according to my professors). I have thus 30 EU academic credits for this year and several "in advance" for next year. This brings me closer to the point where I will graduate and be able to work for the Legion as civilian psychologist.

I did everything my legion supervisor required and I hope to be allowed to do a reserve period during the Spring holidays, of course restricted to office work ... or ???

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Nice to hear han Lue. Just keep it that way. I hope, one day, you will healing from PTSD ;)

KAZ222

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
That is just outstanding! Hard work is paying off for a very deserving person. Congratulations!

Highlander

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
Congrats Loustic! I dont know how this "credits" system works, but good luck!
I have to study more... let me do the count... 5 and a half years... merde
hahahaha

C

cujo6688

Unregistered
Hi Loustic

im very happy to hear this good news ,hard work always pays of :)
Im soon leaving for the legion i am just waiting for my health to be okay currently sick and my scar to heal and then im leaving belgium and trying my luck for a new life in the Legion

greetz

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Well done, thanks for keeping us informed. I had a bit of credit in the Cch's popote, but that was about it for me.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Congrats Loustic! I dont know how this "credits" system works, but good luck!
I have to study more... let me do the count... 5 and a half years... merde
hahahaha

In the present EU system, each course or group of courses weights a certain number of "Credits". When you get a pass for an exam, you get the equivalent number of credits in your pocket. You need 60 credits to be allowed to move to the next year. With 180 credits you have what the French call a "license" and the Belgians a "Bacalaureat". Don't ask me why that subtle difference. After that you must move to the two Master years in order to get a diploma. This should be my case in June 2019 (if all goes well).

Highlander

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
In the present EU system, each course or group of courses weights a certain number of "Credits". When you get a pass for an exam, you get the equivalent number of credits in your pocket. You need 60 credits to be allowed to move to the next year. With 180 credits you have what the French call a "license" and the Belgians a "Bacalaureat". Don't ask me why that subtle difference. After that you must move to the two Master years in order to get a diploma. This should be my case in June 2019 (if all goes well).

Oh got it! so you can speed up your credits if you wish... nice!
in Brazil we have a system that you choose your degree before you even start. And you dont choose none of your credits, each degree has a certain classes you must do it in the right order and time. My degree is for 6 years, and only after that I can be a doctor, but I have to finish in 8 years maximum, otherwise I loose it all.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Oh got it! so you can speed up your credits if you wish... nice!
in Brazil we have a system that you choose your degree before you even start. And you dont choose none of your credits, each degree has a certain classes you must do it in the right order and time. My degree is for 6 years, and only after that I can be a doctor, but I have to finish in 8 years maximum, otherwise I loose it all.

In Belgium I had to choose in advance my future degree (Psychology) but inside psychology, I changed from research in Cognitive Psychology to "healing" in Clinic Psychology, as suggested by the Legion. I need 300 credits altogether, i.e. 5 years (a little bit less for me since I am in hurry and take advance courses, but not too many: that's forbidden). So if all goes well i will be a licensed psychologist in June 2019. I started in September 2014