a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legion preparation training program

Troubadour

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I totally agree with AR100, so don't all you go and patt yourselves on the shoulder, the BMI, just indicates the proportions weight/height, there's also the physical aspect of your whole être (looks), you could look like the Michelin boy (tyre brand) and have a BMI 25.

@Troubadour, it isn't to check if you are fit, it's to check if you are fit for your clothes. :D And i must have missed that conversion part, what's wrong with a pen and a paper and do some calculations? :cool:

Do they measure you if you fail due to muscle or is it just a pass/fail test?

Stoeng

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Looks like we are once more drifting in to surely interesting, however completely ridiculous crap that looks nice for displaying knowledge on the internet, but that's all.

I don't give a ratsass on what your BMI or other fantasy (gym babe) calculations might be. If you are a fat bastard (like me) loose some weight.
That's very easy. Reduce the intake of daily food!!! Eat less for fuc*s sake!!!
You lose weight by putting a daily lesser number of calories in to the hole that you usually speak and gives blowjobs with.

Reduce your food until you look normal!! Nahhh that wont work for the yanks ;-)
For the Americans!! Eat less until you are the skinniest guy on the bus. This should bring you to a normal standard.

Now get your kit and start walking the woods and climbing ropes!!!
With the push-up and some situps your flipping BMI will fix it self.

W

Weseefromage

Unregistered
Yup, Stoeng is right. If I'm not mistaken, the fitness calorie intake each day is about 2500 kilojoules. That means a light cereal or toast breakfast with no lunch. Though do have a decent dinner, but no nightcaps. This diet should keep anyone "slim" for the introductory sports tests. After that one, the Legion will keep you really good fed.

korisnik

Reaction score
Home Country
Serbia
nah i think if you starwe you become fat cuz your body starts to put all stuff in reservs i think better is just to train more more more and more ,those who have BMI isues can do thet stuff like fighters to reduce wight on mesuring day

AR100

Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
Yeah indeed. Guys, don't start missing the 3 MOST important and NEEDED meals of the day. You need your breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you want to lose the kilo's you should at max. make a change in what's on your plate for breakfast/lunch/dinner. Doesn't mean you need to take out your meat or something silly like that! Smaller proportions, peanutbutter/jelly on your bread instead of meat with breakfast/lunch, eat sandwiches instead of warm meals for lunch etc. But don't go starve yourself! You need the energy in your food for Stoeng's training regimen!

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Yup, Stoeng is right. If I'm not mistaken, the fitness calorie intake each day is about 2500 kilojoules. That means a light cereal or toast breakfast with no lunch. Though do have a decent dinner, but no nightcaps. This diet should keep anyone "slim" for the introductory sports tests. After that one, the Legion will keep you really good fed.

Missing lunch is not smart ,especially if you are training hard, bad for the metabolism , steamed chicken and a salad is a good one.

race4ffl

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Should i stop using creatine before going to aubagne? Or it's no prblem if i am still using?

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Looks like we are once more drifting in to surely interesting, however completely ridiculous crap that looks nice for displaying knowledge on the internet, but that's all.

I don't give a ratsass on what your BMI or other fantasy (gym babe) calculations might be. If you are a fat bastard (like me) loose some weight.
That's very easy. Reduce the intake of daily food!!! Eat less for fuc*s sake!!!
You lose weight by putting a daily lesser number of calories in to the hole that you usually speak and gives blowjobs with.

Reduce your food until you look normal!! Nahhh that wont work for the yanks ;-)
For the Americans!! Eat less until you are the skinniest guy on the bus. This should bring you to a normal standard.

Now get your kit and start walking the woods and climbing ropes!!!
With the push-up and some situps your flipping BMI will fix it self.

Now walking about a marathon a week, ate less and have lost a shedload of beef. Not rocket science is it. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martinbg

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
I have a question about the running...
If I'm running in hot day , it is possible to stop near the middle of the run and drink some water or I must run without stoping and drink water after I finish ?

Thanks for the great program dudes ;)

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
If I'm running in hot day , it is possible to stop near the middle of the run and drink some water or I must run without stoping and drink water after I finish ?

If it's really hot and there's a chance of dehydration, I would say some water while running would be important. dehydration isn't fun. :)
Just do it quickly, a sip of water doesn't have to take long, it doesn't take much more than 5 seconds to open a water bottle and take a sip from it.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden

Thirsty people and doing physical efforts, don't go very far, except for the cemetary, so, if you want to remain a 'Happy chap', drinking water, is vital, for your body to function... Hot day ,or, cold day, rehydrate anytime....now where's my beer?...

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Don, I have to disagree but with a caveat. You have to get to know your personal physical limits and you have to know how to run in a hot or humid environment. Know the symptoms of sunstroke/heatstroke/shock and count them off as you feel them...you won't die. But when you begin to trip over your own feet, have a blistering headeache or start thinking irrational thoughts or your vision is starting to go....THEN start sipping some water to get your mouth wet, cool your head and check your pulse on your throat.
Rub your legs, slap your face if you need to but get on your feet and finish what you started if you can do so.. speed is not a factor anymore. If you can stress your body to its limits and still keep going you'll be dependable.

When we signed up we automatically reserved a spot in the cemetary.

Good thread.

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
To clarify, the caveat was that you won't die if you push yourself to the brink but not beyond. People have died because they went beyond the point of no return and their body shut down permanently. Training is preparing for the real thing or competition. During EV training for `promenades` around Nice, I remember that there were always some that would sneak drinks from their bidon and when they ran out would ask others for their water..amongst other things. A caporal would not only have to do the distance but also try to keep all the ducklings together which would mean going up and down the line getting the stragglers to the main group, running up to the Sgt. to let him know what was happening etc..and that meant doling out water to those that mismanaged that asset if and when necessary.

During one forced `promenade` in Guyane where we marched for 72 hrs. During the final 5-10 km. there were a few that were weaving from side to side on the road but still pushing themselves forwards. To the lucky fellow carrying the BLU (think of a heavy duty truck battery) these walks were always interesting. On this one, one fellow I knew found a watermelon and carried it for 10 km or so then shared it with those he could. If we could find wild lemons, adding that to the bidon helped cut one's thirst more than just water alone.

I'm about 270 lbs now and did my first jog of the year a few days ago. I also do a shorter 13 km jog and once in a while I do them both for 30 km. I lose between 5-15 lbs of water weight each time. I do the distance regardless of the weather whenever I can find the time. I expect to be at 200-205 lbs by September. I still practice what I preach but it's recreational now.

canuckroyal

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
To clarify, the caveat was that you won't die if you push yourself to the brink but not beyond. People have died because they went beyond the point of no return and their body shut down permanently. Training is preparing for the real thing or competition. During EV training for `promenades` around Nice, I remember that there were always some that would sneak drinks from their bidon and when they ran out would ask others for their water..amongst other things. A caporal would not only have to do the distance but also try to keep all the ducklings together which would mean going up and down the line getting the stragglers to the main group, running up to the Sgt. to let him know what was happening etc..and that meant doling out water to those that mismanaged that asset if and when necessary.

During one forced `promenade` in Guyane where we marched for 72 hrs. During the final 5-10 km. there were a few that were weaving from side to side on the road but still pushing themselves forwards. To the lucky fellow carrying the BLU (think of a heavy duty truck battery) these walks were always interesting. On this one, one fellow I knew found a watermelon and carried it for 10 km or so then shared it with those he could. If we could find wild lemons, adding that to the bidon helped cut one's thirst more than just water alone.

I'm about 270 lbs now and did my first jog of the year a few days ago. I also do a shorter 13 km jog and once in a while I do them both for 30 km. I lose between 5-15 lbs of water weight each time. I do the distance regardless of the weather whenever I can find the time. I expect to be at 200-205 lbs by September. I still practice what I preach but it's recreational now.

This has to be the most elegant way of saying forced march I've ever seen! right on!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Should i stop using creatine before going to aubagne? Or it's no prblem if i am still using?

Somethings become difficult to repeat over and over. You will be given urine tests in Aubagne. And you will be given blood tests, the doctors will probably not ask you why you have an excess of creatine in your system, they will probably just write inapt.

Remember all these supplements and other crap that you are taking will not be available to you during training. Then what? Huge diminution in performance? In the field you will be living on standard ration packs, why not live on them for a couple of days and see how it affects your training program.

Nick1402

Reaction score
Home Country
Belgium
I got a quick question here: How do you train for the leger-test? just be doing it a couple of times or are there more efficient ways of training? I can run 1.5 hour without a problem but tried doing a leger-test but could only get to level 5 i believe.
I'm not sure if i measured the distance wrong or getting no traction in the mud was the reason for the bad result but i remember getting to level 6 a couple of months ago after a month of not running so i could use some advice on this...

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
I got a quick question here: How do you train for the leger-test? just be doing it a couple of times or are there more efficient ways of training? I can run 1.5 hour without a problem but tried doing a leger-test but could only get to level 5 i believe.
I'm not sure if i measured the distance wrong or getting no traction in the mud was the reason for the bad result but i remember getting to level 6 a couple of months ago after a month of not running so i could use some advice on this...

For one don't do it in mud, do it on pavement, that's what you will do it on in Aubagne or Fort de Nogent.
Focus on longish runs and set aside once a week to work on sprints. Once every month or two weeks or so do a luc leger test/beep test. Download the beep test, put it on your ipod or whatever or bring a stereo speaker to the track or parking lot or wherever you are going to do it and have at it. I think it is 25m. Others can give you some good advice and training plans on here I am sure. But wear proper shoes and do it on a track or asphalt/pavement.

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
I increased my Luc Leger level quite significantly just by doing the Leger once every week over a loooong period coupled with long runs and shorter faster runs. Just keep at it!