a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Afghan war documentary

Gonnabe2010

Reaction score
Home Country
Serbia
It is on National Geographic tomorrow night at 20:00. It's called RESTREPO. I saw bits of it and it blew my mind, probably the best war documentary ever.

danir08

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
It can be viewed on internet too. I think is a “must seeâ€￾, especially by all the “Rambosâ€￾ on the internet who dream to go to war in Afghanistan. R.I.P to all fallen soldiers who have died there.

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
yea i hope that 16 year old watches it might make him think then again it might not.
any one who has seen war and its aftermath would not tell you its great a laff, or theres glory in it.

Roey

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Great insight into the Afghan war,download Graboid and its free to watch..Great copy too..!

Ukkoperkele

Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
I've also heard about this Danish documentary about the war in Afghanistan called Armadillo. It's supposed to be pretty good. Anyone seen it?

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
yea i hope that 16 year old watches it might make him think then again it might not.
any one who has seen war and its aftermath would not tell you its great a laff, or theres glory in it.

Couldnt put it better meself. Lest we Forget

Stormbringer

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Through the gates of Hell, as we make our way to H
Home Country
Bulgaria
As a Christian you should know all we are really sinners, mate. That`s why we go to holy communion, we confess our sins, we repent and hope we will receive the Lord`s mercy. And this is our religion.
In the civvy sense we are sinners too ;)

Hroflr Grimm

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I'm not a fanatic cristian,but I don't trust Muslims,not because I'm racist but because they think that all of us we are sinners .

Racist would be if you didn't trust someone because they are an Arab. Sectarianist is what you are, still a bigot unfortunately. Either mistrust a person because they are a human (and hence pretty untrustworthy), or mistrust them only when and if they give you reason to. Any time you pre-judge a person based on association it is prejudice, pretty simple really.

-Grimm

mulgarat

Actual or Ex Legionnaire - Donator
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
I've also heard about this Danish documentary about the war in Afghanistan called Armadillo. It's supposed to be pretty good. Anyone seen it?

Watched Armadillo last night at this link. I thought it was an excellent documentary. Now when I think of Danish soldiers I think they are switched on if that doco is anything to go by. Impressed enough to do a search here to see if anyone else had commented on it. The Danes involved in the incident at the Trench were later cleared of all wrong doing.
Not sure if its Geo-locked but worth seeing if you haven't already:
http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/46521923527/armadillo

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
Watched Armadillo last night at this link. I thought it was an excellent documentary. Now when I think of Danish soldiers I think they are switched on if that doco is anything to go by. Impressed enough to do a search here to see if anyone else had commented on it. The Danes involved in the incident at the Trench were later cleared of all wrong doing.
Not sure if its Geo-locked but worth seeing if you haven't already:
http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/46521923527/armadillo

Yeah, the soldiers were accused of wrong doing twice if I remember correctly (the left wing politicians didn't like the incident at the trench when they saw the documentary).
There are a few other documentaries around the internet that follows Danish soldiers, some of them are English subtitled too.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Yeah, the soldiers were accused of wrong doing twice if I remember correctly (the left wing politicians didn't like the incident at the trench when they saw the documentary).
There are a few other documentaries around the internet that follows Danish soldiers, some of them are English subtitled too.

One of those raised a shitstorm here (Croatia in '95). I'm waiting to see what will happen next .