a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Basic 6 day week setup

bronsond

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
What are your guy's training regiments looking like? Mine is developed from the US Navy SPECWAR selection, which is meant to prepare a sailor for long distance full load out forced marches, strong overall fitness, and long distance fins etc... It's basically been my workout during and post my former military service. I added in boxing for personal interest just like on the side I also surf and do forced march hikes with 30-40lbs to change things up a bit. The 100 rep sets are basically broken down into an AMRAP style just as many as I can do in the shortest time.

My current setup is 6 days a week, I also eat pretty clean with not too much booze, usually limited to a couple on Saturday or Sunday, I normally get a mean green protein shake in after training sessions.

I normally set up an alternating routine I practice the beep test 3 days a week, but also substitute long distance running right now to save my extremities until I get to selection at Aubagne. Swimming has been a part of my life for over a decade so swimming 1.6Km is a good workout, but also serves as a nice cool down and stretch.

* Sunday
Beep Test for warmup minimum 10 landings with two feet.
Cals: 100 Dips, 50 Pullups, 100 Pushups, 100 Air Squats full depth, 100 4 count Flutter Kicks, 100 Leg Levers.
Boxing: 8-10 rounds constant work 3/1 minute rounds.
Swim: 1600M Fin workout

* Monday
Arc Trainer: 1/2 hour minimum 700 calories burned
Weight Training: Abs: 100 sit-ups, 100 lower back extension, 100 Obliques each side; Push/Pull/Push always alternating exercises 5x10 each

* Tuesday
Beep Test Training: run level 7 speed for 20 minutes, with an emphasis of practicing turns with two feet.
Cals: 100 Dips, 50 Pullups, 100 Pushups, 100 Air Squats full depth, 100 4 count Flutter Kicks, 100 Leg Levers.

* Wednesday
Weight Training: Abs: 100 sit-ups, 100 lower back extension, 100 Obliques each side; Push/Pull/Push always alternating exercises 5x10 each

* Thursday
Beep Test Level 10 with two feet.

* Friday

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Have you checked out the naval special warfare prep program for navy seals? I'm currently on that program.

bronsond

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

olias

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I try to keep my programming as simple as possible. I use the Naval Special Warfare prep guide as a guideline. Running and swimming as is written in the guide, but for strength and conditioning, I use Military Athlete's programming for condition (Pyramids, strength, METCON) and a gym based lifting program (5x5, and then Wendler after that is done) to build raw strength.

olias

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Oh yeah, and rucking. Even though I am Navy, the Army issued me their plate carrier (IOTV) for my deployment in Africa.

Fin109

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Not to necropost but this nutrition & fitness subforum moves fairly slowly anyway;

I have been weightlifting for awhile now, but I've decided to switch it up. I've built a home gym after months, complete with a Dip bar, Gym rings, Speed Bag, Heavy bag, and a bench.

I've recently started a bodyweight program, with the exception of utilizing medium weight barbell squats and deadlifts. This is Monday-Wednesday-Friday. I find this to be 100x more enjoyable because now I will be able to run, which truly improves my mood. Previously, the squatting on my lifting program was getting very heavy, causing my legs to be very sore all the time. Now my legs are sore, but I still can run. I run Monday-Friday, following Hal Higdon's advanced 10k program. Soon I will start to bike to my locations and whatnot, just for general happiness and health.

Other than this, I will be resuming boxing training at the end of the month after about two months of a broken finger! Extremely excited, and hope to have one or two fights in by a year from now. I truly love the sport, and GREAT cardio comes with it. Puts a couple hairs on your chest, as well.

-- Meant to add, I plan on adding in some swimming about two times a week or so, to help out with anaerobic cardio.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
Sounds like a great home gym. I have one set up but limited as I live in a small 2 bedroom apt...but have a bench and pull up bars and exercise mats (super thick, 5cm, almost 2 inches, as I have downstairs neighbors, very solid and great for training). Gym ball, dumbbells, kettlebells, band exercise system (using crossover symmetry...great stuff, but expensive), exercise bike, etc...

Getting stuff in daily now after almost a year off due to a ton of injuries...feels great.

Movement is medicine, of the best kind.

Fin109

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
My pull up bar is perhaps the greatest purchase I've made in a while. It's a real big one that screws into the ceiling of my garage, has wide grips, those grips for biceps, pretty much the whole nine yards. I need to get bands sometime. It really does feel great, I firmly believe people should motivate themselves to exercise or eat better before taking other measures for mental illness treatment.