a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Legions Direct Email site link

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
they replied to me in french, and sent me some recruiting stuff.

newb

Reaction score
Home Country
American Samoa
Nothing yet back from them myself. How long did it take for you to get a reply? Did you send your questions in French, or did you did you write in English and get a French reply?

flymantobe

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Don't expect too much on the reply... They will send you a brief answer (very brief, usually a “ouiâ€￾ or “nonâ€￾) and then a copy and paste of the recruitment info from the site.

mammikoura

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
No point in sending these silly emails. No one there gives a shit. If you want to join, then go and join. If you've got some important and not completely idiotic questions, then this forum will provide you with everything you need to know.

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Nothing yet back from them myself. How long did it take for you to get a reply? Did you send your questions in French, or did you did you write in English and get a French reply?
I wrote in French, asked them about an previous injury but all I got was “turn up and we will have a look at you.â€￾

newb

Reaction score
Home Country
American Samoa
No point in sending these silly emails. No one there gives a shit. If you want to join, then go and join. If you've got some important and not completely idiotic questions, then this forum will provide you with everything you need to know.
As a veteran myself (of another branch of course) I can tell you first hand experience and first hand knowledge are better posterity than real life application. Stuff gets outdated and changed a lot, and often quickly.

mammikoura

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
As a veteran myself (of another branch of course) I can tell you first hand experience and first hand knowledge are better posterity than real life application. Stuff gets outdated and changed a lot, and often quickly.
Once you've got your reply, you will understand what I meant.

RMD

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
I came across legion-recrute.com a while before I came across cervens.net. So I sent them an e-mail & I rather quickly got a response. I must have caught the gentleman typing in return on a good day, what he typed was brief but very helpful (considering the question I asked).

What impressed me the most was what the guy typed at the end of his e-mail to me. "While hoping to have given you satisfaction, receive, Sir, the expression of my sincerity."

newb

Reaction score
Home Country
American Samoa
Well, I finally got a response. It said, and I quote.

Sir,

c) For questions about your criminal record we are not entitled to respond to you via internet, or by phone. Your state will be considered as part of your recruitment, once in France.

"Regards.

PS) Visit our web site :

http://www.legion-recrute.com/en/"

Yep, at least they replied I guess. Do you think that was just a nice way of saying "screw the Yankees"?

Caliell

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
hmm wait a second. That's excatly the very same answer I received when I asked about my criminal history. Hmm......

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
It means you have to show up for them to evaluate you. Everything is done in Aubagne. That's just the way it works. It isn't like back home and there is nothing wrong with that. If you want to know the answer, do like everyone else does, roll the dice and show up.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
I've directly emailed them several times and never gotten a response. I did get responses to traditional mail though, but about other matters, the letters were handwritten in French and took between 6 weeks to 3 months to get a reply. Just give it a shot and show up for selection. Godspeed.

section8kffk

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
After speaking with an FFL Recruiter via telephone (In english with a heavy accent), studying this forum and speaking to people here and speaking with a friend who is an ex-Legionairre this is all you need to know:

1. Get a passport
2. Show up at gate
3. Don't speak of anything negative in your past unless asked directly about a specific incident that they found out about. (They wont.)
4. Keep your mouth shut, leave your ego and attitude at the door, doesn't matter what you did before, you will start from zero and learn it the Legion way.
5. No fighting or you will be kicked out immediately.
6. Get in shape before you get there and bring your A game especially if you are 35 or over. (Like me.)
7. Think long and hard about why you are joining. If you go there just to desert you will be forever marked as a loser if to no one else, you will know you quit. Can you live with that? Go there expecting hell, pain, sweat, blood and tears. But if you make it well, you will be a part of one of the most honorable loyal fierce warrior brotherhoods the world has ever known. The Legion doesnt fight for France or the UN, they fight for each-other.

mammikoura

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
now that point 7 sounds like a hollywood movie and probably made more than a few wannabees explode in their underwear. Seeing you write something like that makes me think that you too should "think long and hard about why you are joining"

section8kffk

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
now that point 7 sounds like a hollywood movie and probably made more than a few wannabees explode in their underwear. Seeing you write something like that makes me think that you too should "think long and hard about why you are joining"

Yes it is a bit dramatic. I am a writer so I tend to put a flare on things. I have been doing a lot of studying about the FFL on this forum and others. I have also just got done reading Alex Lochries book. You are absolutely correct in saying I must think long and hard as well. I am, it is a big step and If and when I do it I need to be 100% committed or I will just set myself up for failure. Thank you.

Aurelie3

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Chile
Yes it is a bit dramatic. I am a writer so I tend to put a flare on things. I have been doing a lot of studying about the FFL on this forum and others. I have also just got done reading Alex Lochries book. You are absolutely correct in saying I must think long and hard as well. I am, it is a big step and If and when I do it I need to be 100% committed or I will just set myself up for failure. Thank you.

One would hope you've more passion for the legion than you exhibit for spelling and grammar in your current raison d'etre!

Madmonk 7.5

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
One would hope you've more passion for the legion than you exhibit for spelling and grammar in your current raison d'etre!
Punishing bad girls is my Forté. :D