Thread: The ffl in kolwezi"broken promise"

Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Australia

The ffl in kolwezi"broken promise"

Anybody read this book ????By Roger Rousseau , have only just started it myself .It leads up to his jump into KOLWEZI and what he saw while over there , but i'm just interested in other ppls take on this book if they have read it cheers
    If your interested in buying a copy of the book just let me know and i'll get you a copy cheers .

Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Australia

Re: The ffl in kolwezi"broken promise"

Quote Originally Posted by bosun burger View Post
    Anybody read this book ????By Roger Rousseau , have only just started it myself .It leads up to his jump into KOLWEZI and what he saw while over there , but i'm just interested in other ppls take on this book if they have read it cheers
    If your interested in buying a copy of the book just let me know and i'll get you a copy cheers .
    OK have finished reading THIS book ..its about the unlegion like stuff ( f*&^ up stuff ) he saw other legionnaires do ..eg rape , cut off ears ect ect ...and you guessed it he legged it with like only a year to go . He felt let down by the things the other guys did and the indifference the others had towards to stuff going down around him . (like they were the ones letting the brother hood down and being very un legion like .

shout out to my little bro in the Ghan...3rd tour ( 2Commando (4RAR))

Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Great Britain

I haven't read it, nor will I as it sounds like another pile of bollox written by ...a deserter?!! There's already been a few books written by people who never finished their contract and none of them are worth the time of day to read. Pierre Sergent's 'La Légion Saute Sur Kolwezi' has always been concidered as a reference on the subject. It's in French though.

Actual or Ex Legionnaire Major Forum Poster SeanG's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Scotland

I think it is total bollock's
    Cry, 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Scotland

I remember something about this a couple of yrs ago it was as said bollocks then as it is now.... can we get something fresh please

Hyper Active Member Major Forum Poster Mise's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Ireland

Couldn't have been that riveting if it took five months to read.

On the subject of Kolwezi;

http://boutique.ecpad.fr/product-2-9...-d-otages.html
    Auld soldier, auld shite. Young soldier, gab shite.

Actual or Ex Legionnaire Major Forum Poster
    The Tropic of Mexico...near Little Havana.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    United States

OK have finished reading THIS book ..its about the unlegion like stuff ( f*&^ up stuff ) he saw other legionnaires do ..eg rape , cut off ears ect ect ...and you guessed it he legged it with like only a year to go . He felt let down by the things the other guys did and the indifference the others had towards to stuff going down around him . (like they were the ones letting the brother hood down and being very un legion like .

shout out to my little bro in the Ghan...3rd tour ( 2Commando (4RAR))
    shout out to my little bro in the Ghan...3rd tour ( 2Commando (4RAR))[/QUOTE]

He presented his tale to the forum.......then left when confronted. I didn't buy the book, he posted it. The atrocities he attributes to the REP in Kolwezi were not based on truth.....he lied. Through his own words, despite his real intentions, you can read that he was more involved in his glamorous civilian life than his contract with the Legion. The man demeans the valor of the Legionnaires who jumped in Kolwezi with purely fabricated lies in an attempt to justify his desertion. He is a deserter and a piece of shit.
    The only forum member endorsed by both Jesus and Satan.

Actual or Ex Legionnaire Major Forum Poster SeanG's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Scotland

He is a deserter and a piece of shit.

Could not agree more
    Cry, 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Australia

I did read it a bit quicker than that .....but have been at sea playing with our growing tide of illegal immigrants ...Also the english translation was a little ..weak...i was after a movie on Kolwezi , it's a little hard to find a English subtitled version
    Cheers

Actual or Ex Legionnaire Major Forum Poster
    The Tropic of Mexico...near Little Havana.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    United States

I did read it a bit quicker than that .....but have been at sea playing with our growing tide of illegal immigrants ...Also the english translation was a little ..weak...i was after a movie on Kolwezi , it's a little hard to find a English subtitled version
    Cheers
    You read it? Then what did you think? Not about his writing abilities but the story itself? Does the deserter come across as a real stand-up guy through his own words? Did he not brag about his culinary arts? (To those who havent read it, the deserter was a pastry chef before and during his service in the Legion. A ******* PASTRY CHEF!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)
    The only forum member endorsed by both Jesus and Satan.

Top Member Major Forum Poster flash010's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Scotland

look m8 we dont read any of that shite in todays legion we read wank mags the news paper and a quick eye over the instruction book you get when you join.
    we have had enuff of tossers like this twat and jennings and the rest of the wanker brigade who could not cut it as a legionnaire and write trash to justify there desertion,
    i have a few m8 did the wire for there own good resions right or wrongly the fecked off but would never diss the legion like these tosser.
    you want to think we are rapists guys who cut off body parts go on we dont give a shite we never ague with morons

look at the books and film on vietnam same story rape and cutting off ears same story diff verions but all true i read it in a book hahaha
    yae though i walk in the shadow of the valley of death i will fear no evil for am the hardest bast..d in the valley Hidden Content

Hyper Active Member Major Forum Poster libertypo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by flash010 View Post
    you want to think we are rapists guys who cut off body parts go on
    Well, are you?

"I'm anus-peptic, phrasmotic, even compunctious to have caused you such pericombobulation." - Blackadder adressing Dr. Samuel Johnson

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Scotland

yea but dont tell any one or i will rape your beer store
    yae though i walk in the shadow of the valley of death i will fear no evil for am the hardest bast..d in the valley Hidden Content

Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Australia

Talking Re: The ffl in kolwezi"broken promise"

Flash I'll never belive a bloke who couldn't honour a contract , felt justified to blame others for legging it in the first place ( oh they acted against the brotherhood of the legion blah blah blah) . Had i known that the book was all about him and how he felt let down by the legion instead of the Kolwezi Op it's self i wouldn't have wasted my hard earned on it . I visit this board regularly , but rarely post ( leave that to ppl who know what their talking about and have actully been in the Legion and can deal with the wannabe questions ) .....But when you read drival like this its good to get the real answers . So i will never belive you guys are rapists and cut off body parts ..
    I've meet ex legionnaires ( Australian SF ) via my brother and they make fine ANZAC Day drinking buddies , even if they are a little crazy LOL ( did get me a taste for Korenbergs ) . Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Scotland

every aussi i ever met was a good guy and down to earth they call a spade a spade
    were the same we like to work hard and play hard and if some one or some thing piss us off we let them know

Thread Information