Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Misdemeanor (non-felony) not convicted arrests case dropped, Problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Misdemeanor (non-felony) not convicted arrests case dropped, Problem?

How about if you were arrested but never convicted? For example in the USA cops have a hard on for arresting the guy if you fart to loud and your wife calls the cops, bamn the law is pretty clear, if the cops come to your huse for a domestic violence call regardless if it occurred you will go to jail. 90% of these cases are dropped the same night or the next day when you go to your arraignment. They show up on your criminal record under arrest report but clearly states under the disposition as dropped, insufficient evidence or interest of justice etc.

Would these type of things show up on Interpol? Would the Legion Gestapo care if you omitted this detail about your criminal past then found out later, which really isn't one considering it was dropped and no formal charges were ever brought up. Or if you enter into a diversion program and charges were later dropped after successful completion. Is this a big deal? Frowned upon etc.? Are domestic violence charges a black mark (X3)? However no conviction but one successful diversion program completion.

How can one go to find out what exactly Interpol has on you? Can you request directly from them a copy of your record/report that they have? I know you can get a copy of your RAP (arrest and report) sheet directly from your local police office but what do they send to Interpol? Everything, or just serious and or violent felony convictions?

Man guys I'm 37 and have had some hiccups, I'm no saint but I ain't a hardened criminal or wife beater. I just really want to get into the damn Legion and I know with my age it's strike one, so I want to better my case as best as possible. Hell I'm even going to join on December 20 as suggested on this board and learn French as best as possible to better my chances. I have nothing here and this is my last salvation as a complete life. Thanks for any help/advice.
    Last edited by Rapace; 26th July 2008 at 14:46.

Actual or Ex Legionnaire Major Forum Poster
    The Tropic of Mexico...near Little Havana.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    United States

Re: Misdemeanor (non-felony) not convicted arrests case dropped, Problem?

I'd tell you but you wouldn't believe it....ask Aurelie to help you....but you better ask nice.
    Last edited by Rapace; 26th July 2008 at 14:47.
    The only forum member endorsed by both Jesus and Satan.

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me I'll believe it.

superJoe Major Forum Poster voltigeur's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Canada

If you think that you might be on the INTERPOL, it must be more than domestic violence that you were charged with.
    If it is as you stated, then you have nothing to worry about. check out the old posts in the archives for more information.
    c'est la guerre Hidden Content

Post Thanks / Like

Believe me or not, I'm not bullshitting and have no reason to blow smoke up anybody's ass here. I have three arrest for 241C (corporal punishment on a domestic partner or spouse. First time, pled not guilty agreed to a one year diversion program where all records of the incident would be erased from my record after finishing. Did that. While going through the program arrested again at a party for arguing with wife while the party was being broken up. Case was dropped since I was cooperating and going through the diversion program. You see most people never participate and the one's that do usually stop going but I obeyed the court. The court system is happy if they get you to participate, since 90% of thse cases are never prosecuted. These were both in 1994.

In 1995 a hit and run, turned myself in the next day, booked and released got six months unsupervised probabtion.

2001 got in a fight with wife number two over my meandering, she literally slapped the shit out of me, so I pushed her and locked myself in my office (not her ME) in the downstairs room. She called her friend who told her to call the cops. They came, of course I was arrested, released that night, went to court next day never even spoke to the judge, DA dropped all charges, bail returned and my record states case dismissed by DA for lack of evidence, EXONERATED.

That's it nothing else. I don't know anything about Interpol and what their purpose is and what if anything like the above incidents would or would not get reported to them. I'm a contractor (or was) and I do work in Federal Prisons, like Folsom Prison and San Quentin (home of Charles Manson), so I've been cleared to enter these level 4 prisons to do work. However when I apply to get my gate clearance the arrest in 2001 shows up as "pending court issue", this is because you can be charged with the earlier offence if you're arrested for a similar offence within ten years. ******* stupid, given it clearly says EXONERATED. But that's how domestic violence laws work in the US.

My thinking is that if it shows up as pending court issue when I get my gate clearances, then Interpol may also have it as pending court issue, does that make sense? Or am I reading into it to much and being overly worried?

It's just that like I stated previously, with my age I will go into the interrogation with a strike. I know the Legion is not looking for saints and those that do come usually and most likely do have some blemish about their past.

All four arrests misdemeanours, no time served and all but the hit and run which led to unsupervised probation, cases were dropped. I have my police report to back all this up and it reads exactly as I've written here. Should I just tell them and bring it with me to back up my story? Or if it's not anywhere that can be seen, then why open a can of worms, but I want to start off with a fresh new start so being honest would help me with the mental burden of carrying it but like I said I dont want to open a can of worms if not needed. Make sense?
    Last edited by Rapace; 26th July 2008 at 14:49.

superJoe Major Forum Poster voltigeur's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Canada

Like I wrote, you do not have to worry about those kind of cases.
    c'est la guerre Hidden Content

Super Active Member Main Forum Poster Gregor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    North Korea

FORM FOR REQUESTING ACCESS TO INTERPOL'S FILES all free; if u want to check other person file u'll need a permit from the person u check; u can check your but u have to send id. thay want to send it by post

more here http://www.interpol.int/Public/ccf/acces.asp
    i'll send the form lets's see what happenes; with your permit i'll access your file and send it to you hehe

Post Thanks / Like

So... Are you saying that if you are on Interpol, your rejected? (Meaning- no outstanding warrants- only on file.)

I had understood that if you could have any record in your past, but not wanted and able to hold a passport...?

Post Thanks / Like

Dude I have no idea whatsoever, that really should be answered by someone in the know. What I'm doing is finidng out directly from Interpol what they do have, so I've downloaded the form here and sent it off.

What I was/am trying to find out is what exactly do they get from your local police office. It would seem time consuming and burdensome to have to enter every single misdemeanor arrest or even a felony arrest for that matter. Given the fact that in the US they often charge you with multiple offenses for any given crime your being arrested for. That's so when it does go to court they know you will plea bargain down to the lesser offense. That give's the DA room for bartering with you, your defense attorney and judge. Cops aren't lawyers or judges, so what they charge you with really doesn't mean shit, what your CONVICTED of is what matters.

So, I'm trying to find out if only convictions get reported or arrests and convictions. Or is it only certain types of arrests and convictions, etc. etc.

When I do get my file back I will post what was on it if anything. Just in case another member has some similar issues.

Super Active Member Main Forum Poster Gregor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    North Korea

i sent the form too but i have a feeling it will be denied; probably the reason should be like u work in a company where u employ people from all over the world but i wrote iam interested to see my file and plan join FFL; every country (countries that have signed the protocol) have its interpol office; i checked europol also but only police can access their files

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
    Post Thanks / Like

Removed at Samtoos request
    LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA

Post Thanks / Like

I sent the interpol form off ... I also sent off the FBI form. I know my local police department has what I was convicted of, as well as close to 14 charges that were dropped. So if I do get a response from the FBI or Interpol, I should be able to tell you if they only keep records of the conviction or also the charges.

Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by demo2 View Post
    I sent the interpol form off ... I also sent off the FBI form. I know my local police department has what I was convicted of, as well as close to 14 charges that were dropped. So if I do get a response from the FBI or Interpol, I should be able to tell you if they only keep records of the conviction or also the charges.
    I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that if you have 14 dropped charges, then you must have atleast 100 convictions.
    In the United States if you are arested for anything then you are given a 13 digit FBI number. your local Police Dept. can give you this information.
    As far as interpol: I would have to say that your not in their system unless you have murderous background. Or your wanted for tax evasion, war crimes, genocide.

My question to you is, What makes you think you can change from a person that has obviously been in alot of trouble, to a squared away soldier in a foreign country?
    Task Force 6-26 OIF III-IV-V
    506th MP BTN 16th MP BDE
    XVIII Airborne Corp

Crusty Caporal
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    United States

Most people have a false idea of Interpol---however, it is not this all-seeing, all-knowing investigative agency. It is merely a data-base of known International criminals. As a U. S. citizen, if you have not committed any crimes outside of our borders, you have no reason to be concerned. Interpol is not what Hollywood would have you believe. They will not call your local police station to ask if you have a record. I believe it is a mistake to write to them to ask for your file. By doing so, you might have instigated the creation of one with your name on it. On a side note, you can not lose your U.S. citizenship by joining the Legion. The only way to lose your citizenship (if you were born here of U.S.parents) is to go before a Federal Judge, and declare that you no longer want it. Even then, if at a later date, you change your mind, you can go back before the Federal Judge, with proof of your birth, and it will be re-instated. This is what Lee Harvey Oswald did, when he went to USSR. After about 1 year, he returned, and got his citizenship back. When I was in la Légion, I had just returned from Afrique, had a 30-day Permission, Longue Durée and I was a caporal, with 2½ years in service. I wanted to travel freely around Europe, but la Légion had my passport. I went straight to Paris, to the U.S. embassy. I told them who I was, what I wanted, and that I did not plan on deserting, but that la Légion had my passport. As an American citizen, I have the right to a passport so that I may travel freely. I was given a paper with some questions. One question was: "Did you know that you have put your citizenship in jeopardy by joining a foreign army?" I answered the question by stating, "No I have not--I was born in Texas, to Texan parents, and there is no way that this can ever be changed." I was told to come back the following day to pick up my new passport, which I did the very next morning. I kicked around for my 30 days, then rejoined my regiment. I guess my point is, don't sweat the minutia--just do your homework, then go full throttle. Démerde-toi!!!
    Tex

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RadioTex View Post
    Most people have a false idea of Interpol---however, it is not this all-seeing, all-knowing investigative agency. It is merely a data-base of known International criminals. As a U. S. citizen, if you have not committed any crimes outside of our borders, you have no reason to be concerned. Interpol is not what Hollywood would have you believe. They will not call your local police station to ask if you have a record. I believe it is a mistake to write to them to ask for your file. By doing so, you might have instigated the creation of one with your name on it. On a side note, you can not lose your U.S. citizenship by joining the Legion. The only way to lose your citizenship (if you were born here of U.S.parents) is to go before a Federal Judge, and declare that you no longer want it. Even then, if at a later date, you change your mind, you can go back before the Federal Judge, with proof of your birth, and it will be re-instated. This is what Lee Harvey Oswald did, when he went to USSR. After about 1 year, he returned, and got his citizenship back. When I was in la Légion, I had just returned from Afrique, had a 30-day Permission, Longue Durée and I was a caporal, with 2½ years in service. I wanted to travel freely around Europe, but la Légion had my passport. I went straight to Paris, to the U.S. embassy. I told them who I was, what I wanted, and that I did not plan on deserting, but that la Légion had my passport. As an American citizen, I have the right to a passport so that I may travel freely. I was given a paper with some questions. One question was: "Did you know that you have put your citizenship in jeopardy by joining a foreign army?" I answered the question by stating, "No I have not--I was born in Texas, to Texan parents, and there is no way that this can ever be changed." I was told to come back the following day to pick up my new passport, which I did the very next morning. I kicked around for my 30 days, then rejoined my regiment. I guess my point is, don't sweat the minutia--just do your homework, then go full throttle. Démerde-toi!!!
    Tex
    What he said
    LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA

Thread Information