Application Procedure for Non-Canadian Citizens
Canadian Forces (CF) policy states that in order to be eligible for enrolment into the Forces, applicants must hold Canadian citizenship.
The only exception made to this policy is as follows:
- are not Canadian citizens, but do hold Permanent Resident Status; and
- possess specialized skills/qualifications the CF has need of and cannot fill with a Canadian citizen; and
- do not pose a risk to any national interest; may only be enrolled into the Canadian Forces if permission is granted by the Commander of the Canadian Forces Recruiting Group (CFRG).
As you do not currently hold Canadian citizenship you will have to be granted a Citizenship Waiver by the Commander of CFRG prior to starting any of the selection testing. In order to do this you must provide curriculum vitae (CV) or resume to:
Canadian Forces Recruiting Group Headquarters
Attention: SSO Selection
Canadian Forces Base Borden
PO Box 1000, Station Main
Borden, Ontario L0M 1C0
We will be responding to applicants who apply for occupations that are open for intake at this time and who have experience in those fields. Your submission should have a cover letter indicating which Canadian Forces occupation you are applying for and highlighting the experience relevant to that occupation. Please include your return address in order that we may contact you.
Your CV/resume should include the following information:
- Name (in full)
- Date and place of birth
- Brief outline of where you lived (include dates)
- Where your immediate family is currently residing (include parent, siblings, spouse and parents-in-law)
- Reasons for your relocation to Canada
- Date of arrival in Canada and date you were granted Permanent Resident Status
- Name of all educational institutions attended
- Grade/Level completed and year of completion
- Diplomas/Degrees awarded
- Areas of specialization
- Marks/Grade Point Average
- Apprenticeship/Journeyman qualifications
- List all part-time, summer or full-time employment positions you have held
- Dates for each position
- Brief description of duties for each position
- Qualifications or training you received “on-the-job”
- List all volunteer positions you may have held
- List all clubs/organizations/community groups you have belonged to
If there are any other points, or pertinent facts you would like to include, please feel free to do so.
Once you have submitted your CV/resume, it will be assessed by the Headquarters to determine what skills you possess
that may be of benefit to the Canadian Forces. You will not undergo any of the selection testing until you have been granted
this Citizenship waiver.
For any additional questions with regards to the completion of your resume or application please do not hesitate to contact your nearest Recruiting Center or call on the toll free number at 1-800-856-8488.