Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo's

Post Thanks / Like

Tattoo's

Hi

I recently went on The Parachute Regiment Insight Course , but at the end of it they said I would not be able to join the army as i have an excessive amount of tattoos, my lower left arm is fully covered and i have a large dragon on the top and i also have a few on my right arm and leg. Will the Legion be as strict about tattoos? Any help would be great

Thanks Rob

Top Member Major Forum Poster flash010's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Scotland
    we had a guy in calvi that had fuk off tatooed on the palm so when he suluted an officer he was telling him to fuk off lol
    yae though i walk in the shadow of the valley of death i will fear no evil for am the hardest bast..d in the valley Hidden Content

Top Moderator Major Forum Poster Rapace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    France
    Tattoos are not a problem per se, unless they are outrageously racist or can be considered strongly offensive. Same thing if the Doc considers they reveal some psychological problems (eg if you have skulls or other death symbols tattooed everywhere).
    Prends garde aux rapaces qui fondent du ciel

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert84
    Hi

I recently went on The Parachute Regiment Insight Course , but at the end of it they said I would not be able to join the army as i have an excessive amount of tattoos, my lower left arm is fully covered and i have a large dragon on the top and i also have a few on my right arm and leg. Will the Legion be as strict about tattoos? Any help would be great

Thanks Rob
    I served in the British Army for 5 Years and came accross guys who's bodies were almost fully covered in tatoos, they never had a problem getting in. Maybe this is just a Para Reg thing? I thought that as long as they weren't offensive or on the neck, face or hands they wouldn't be a problem. Have you tried to join any other regiments just in case it is a para issue or are you only interested in the Para's?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabe
    I served in the British Army for 5 Years and came accross guys who's bodies were almost fully covered in tatoos, they never had a problem getting in. Maybe this is just a Para Reg thing? I thought that as long as they weren't offensive or on the neck, face or hands they wouldn't be a problem. Have you tried to join any other regiments just in case it is a para issue or are you only interested in the Para's?
    I would prefer to join the paras (as my dad and grandad were in the paras). I might just try and join anyway and see what happens failing that I will try the RMC then the Legion.

PS my tattoos are not ofencive a have 3 koi carp 2 dragons a foo dog and flames on my leg

Post Thanks / Like
    my tattoos are not ofencive a have 3 koi carp 2 dragons a foo dog and flames on my leg
    I cant see why any of these would stop you from joining any regiment in the Army! Obviously they have though so best of luck with your other choices.

Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Scotland
    i have one on my dick it says W Y. WHEN i get excited it says (welcome to barbados hope your having a great time and will come back to see us some day)
    yae though i walk in the shadow of the valley of death i will fear no evil for am the hardest bast..d in the valley Hidden Content

BBS Moderator Major Forum Poster joette's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by flash010
    i have one on my dick it says W Y. WHEN i get excited it says (welcome to barbados hope your having a great time and will come back to see us some day)
    HAHAHHAHAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA damn!

BBS Moderator Major Forum Poster joette's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    United States
    yeah right..just like when my husband sits on the comode and says eeww that waters cold..yeah right that comode must be backed up again!! haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by flash010
    Reading the fine print

Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    England
    Hi

Thanks Rob
    I am x-Para, I have loads of them all up my arms and right across my back, but it’s against regulations to have them on your face / neck and hands. No one ever gave a toss as long as you did not over do it, but nothing must be showing when in #2S. Just go and give it a crack if you really want to be a TOM’ good luck and don’t get any Para tattoos
    Last edited by st george; 1st March 2006 at 04:51.
    ‘Never snatch the trigger. always squeeze it gently, as if you are stroking a cat, hold your breath, squeeze the trigger, shot to kill’ Hidden Content

Actual or Ex Legionnaire kuhlmann170852's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have lots of tattoos on the arms, back, leg and chest. This was never a problem in the Legion for me.

Olli
    Hidden Content

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience..

Actual or Ex Legionnaire Major Forum Poster Martin Scott's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    England
    I thought the British Army was screaming out for recruits at the moment. Even in the Guards we had Guardsman that were covered in tattoos. I got 3 which could be seen in shirt sleeve order and nobody gave a shit, best of luck with your choices.
    Last edited by Martin Scott; 3rd March 2006 at 12:25.
    You can take the man out of the Legion, You,ll never take the Legion out of the Man. SEPTEM JUNCTA IN UNO. LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA

Hyper Active Member Major Forum Poster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    UK

Believe it ?

Cherry on knob and dagger on inner thigh ! Bloody painful but good for free beers and for impressing the bar girls !

Post Thanks / Like
    Country
    Scotland
    seen a spider in some guys helmet fuk that must hurt

Thread Information