PDA

View Full Version : Salary

Spartacus
12th May 2008, 20:43
http://www.cotidianultimisoara.ro/index.php?page=0
This is the site of a newspaper from Romania which says:

the salary is minimum 5,450 euro but it can rise to 9,000 (in case of the parachutists), and in the end of every year, a bonus of 20,000 euro is given. The money is put into an account which they open you after the 4 months of basic training. You can get to them trough credit cards.

is this true?

Spartacus
12th May 2008, 20:46
The newspapers also says that in the end of the 5 years contract you will get a bonus of 200000 euro, dosn't matter if you continue beeing a legionaire or not.

is this true?

Stoeng
12th May 2008, 21:12
No it is not true

greatza1
12th May 2008, 21:24
It`s a pure BS . Even the romanian spelling is wrong.This article is wrote by a chick what s..k a d..k and dream at Pullitzer prize(sorry but those journalists are very bad).There are a lot of so called journalists who wrote articles on demand , without knowing anything about the subject.Few months ago there was an scandal because Romanian MOD chose to buy some Swiss Piranha instead some old crap designed BTR`s made by Romanian industry.So called patriots started yelling about how the government don`t protect the romanian manufacturer.Al at the command of the party who dream to power.This article is an fast food news.The descriptions of the foreign legion with its history and regiments it`s simply copied (copy -paste) from an site.And about legion in Pakistan , the regiment from Laudum i never heard.The last part about paying is similar with the one what Blackwater has. There are a lot of misinformed people around the subject and some people take profit from it. Someone propose me a time ago that he will transport me at Aubagne(from Romania) for 400 Euros , when an bus ticket(two ways) is 120Euros.

bulletxt
13th May 2008, 04:11
They forgot to mention that if you do a 15 years career the French government will give you 100,000$ as a bonus. lol

Aurelie3
13th May 2008, 07:27
hahahahaha! Where do I sign up?

I am prepared to pick up dog-ends for 9000 euro a month if needs must. ;)

Is anyone beginning to see why so many eastern europeans try to join and then as taric says; quit? ;)

Cpl K
13th May 2008, 09:51
They forgot to mention that if you do a 15 years career the French government will give you 100,000$ as a bonus. lolIf you join the Legion at 18 and leave at 33, you'll have a small pension of €1,000 euros ($1,500) per month for life...

At the age of 90 you will have earned over $1,000,000...

Also when you leave the Legion at 15 years you get a pension, can have the French chomage (dole) and work undeclared so you will have loads of money.

Before this happens you have to get into the Legion and then be able to stay 15 years not easy !

Cpl K....

wayne
13th May 2008, 10:30
If you do 15 years is the pension each month paid as soon as you leave, or do you have to wait until you are a certain age?

I ask because in the UK a pension is linked to a retirement age - usually after 55.

Cpl K
13th May 2008, 12:40
Your answer is in my last post.....

Cpl K...

PS: There is a rumour that soon in the legion even after 15 or 17 years you will have to weight until retirement age.....

dean walker
14th May 2008, 17:20
Can anyone out there wake these poor boys up from dreaming,the last thing i joined for was the money, the next thing you know they,ll want room servive, good night kisses and a pastis before bed time, did you read cpl k last reply.....

Shadow
15th May 2008, 21:48
Im with dean who joins for money, join the Legion because you want to be an Elite Soldier, or for the Adventure, or if you live in a 3rd world country join for the passport you'll get.

jack
16th May 2008, 02:09
are you serious!how likely is this rumor to come true?in the us military(im american btw) you serve for 20years your able to retire with a $500,000 pension,i dont remember but im pretty sure as soon as you end your service..so your sayin that i'll have to wait much longer for pension after a 15-17 year legion career like at 50-60?

Cpl K
16th May 2008, 09:14
are you serious!how likely is this rumor to come true?in the us military(im american btw) you serve for 20years your able to retire with a $500,000 pension,i dont remember but im pretty sure as soon as you end your service..so your sayin that i'll have to wait much longer for pension after a 15-17 year legion career like at 50-60?

PLEASE READ THE POST YOUR ANSWER IS THERE, I SPEND ALOT OF TIME ANSWERING QUESTIONS BUT SOME OF YOU ARE STARTING TO ASK SILLY QUESTIONS.

THEY HAVE PUT SOME THING IN THE WATER OVER THERE IN AMERICA OR WHAT ?

Cpl K.....

joette
16th May 2008, 11:38

500,000.00?! Are you kidding?Maybe if your a 5 star general..get real. You serve 20 or mmore in the US depending on your rank its anywhere from 2000.00 to 3000.00

The Dude
16th May 2008, 13:25
Re- the first post,I think this is an 'honest mistake' for the salary mentioned is in French francs - not euros

joette
16th May 2008, 13:38
Re- the first post,I think this is an honest mistake for the salary mentioned is in French francs - not euros

I'm hopeing it was a typo.. ;)

Nickfury
17th May 2008, 05:05
Isn't it that you get 50% of your base pay when you retire from the US military at 20 years and something like 75% of base pay if you retire at 30 years of service?

500,000? That might be your life insurance if you get blown into a million pieces, but actually I think it is more like 50,000-100,000 for death. THat isn't the payout you should be hoping your family gets.